WHO AM I?
Maria is an Italian civil engineer. She was born in Lecce, in the south of Italy, and she completed her studies at the University of Salento where she achieved a Bachelor’s and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering. During her studies she carried out a 3-month internship at the University of Minho (Guimarães, Portugal) focused on the analyses of the bond behaviour between masonry elements and FRCM (Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Matrix). While studying for her master she started a working experience as a trainee in an Engineering Firm in Lecce where she had the opportunity to face real problems in construction field.
Travelling is her great passion: “I think there’s nothing better than exploring the world and getting in touch with other cultures”.
Now she is based in Lyon and she is doing her PhD in EIFFAGE working on the project “Nano Asphalt”.
“SMARTI represents the chance to develop a research project in a dynamic context where you got the opportunity to travel, make connections with people from all over the world, and improve your skills.”
“Nano Asphalt” Nanosensor technology for road pavements
The objective is to optimise a novel Weigh-in-Motion nanosensor technology to make it applicable and competitive for multi-functional applications in Smart Roads, notably vehicle counting, overloading detection and enforcement, and road damage assessment.
The focus is on the 3 priorities:
- Achieve higher precision level than industry standards at competitive cost, via the use of massively distributed, low cost, nano-enabled sensing elements embedded in the road
- Ensure sustainability and durability of the system (min 5 years, target 10 years)
- Develop reliable processes for the whole product lifecycle
EIFFAGE will offer training in road engineering, laboratory tests and will be the environment for the requirements setting, Process development, deployment, field tests.
- LPICM (Laboratorie De Physique Des Interfaces Et Des Couches Minces): Sensor development and optimization; sensor reliability analysis (6 months at M10)
- IFSTTAR: System architecture, data analytics (2 months at M27)
Dr Simon Pouget (EIFFAGE) – firstname.lastname@example.org