ESR4 - Development of a railway system component (earthworks, transitions, trackbed, drainage) remote condition monitoring methodology and analysis tools to predict future system deterioration - “RaCoMo”
- Project: “RaCoMo” – Development of a railway system component (earthworks, transitions, trackbed, drainage) remote condition monitoring methodology and analysis tools to predict future system deterioration
- Host Institution: AECOM (AECOM)
- Address: 12 Regan Way, Chilwell, Nottinghamshire NG9 6RZ United Kingdom
- Main Supervisor: Dr.Brough (AECOM) – Infr. Designer, consultant
- ESR4 will register for PhD at UNOTT
- Improve industry understanding of the link between railway asset component deterioration (e.g.earthworks, track transitions, trackbed and drainage) and impact upon both cumulative tracksettlement and catastrophic track failure.
- Use remote condition monitoring technology to measure multi asset component deterioration andsystem performance. Develop modelling algorithms to assess historical or ongoing performance of components andpredict asset component deterioration and failure over a range of timescales.
- Develop a methodology for assessing the impact of individual component failure on overall trackperformance and failure.
- Develop analysis tools to visualise and present modelling outcomes in a way that is easy for railwaymaintenance engineers to understand and use
Development of a fully automated railway trackbed.
Planned secondment(s) and Training offered: AECOM will provide expertise with railway trackbed design, monitoring, field trial, site experience. The partnership with strategic partners will provide: