ESR6 - Smart railway and road bridges through novel formulation for introducing seismic damper - “Smart Damper”
- Project: “Smart Damper” – Smart railway and road bridges through novel formulation for introducing seismic damper
- Host Institution: The University of Palermo (UNIPA)
- Address: Università degli Studi di Palermo, Piazza Marina, 61, 90133 PALERMO
- Main Supervisor: Dr.Pirrotta (UNIPA) – Structure dynamics
- ESR6 will register for PhD at UNIPA
The challenge of this project is to propose a theoretical formulation for modelling structural bridges equipped with dampers along the span in such a way to predict the smart bridge response.
This project aims to:
- Develop a damped bridge model for transport infrastructures (focused on railways) with dampers made of innovative and sustainable materials.Novel formulation and approaches will be used for the implementation of the model, together with
- Novel formulation and approaches will be used for the implementation of the model, together with better prediction of traffic loading
- Different materials will be used in order to define the optimum damper for the bridge. The damping technique will may be used in already built bridges and in new constructions.
An innovative model of a damped bridge and definition of ideal dampers.
Planned secondment(s) and Training offered: UNIPA will provide expertise with bridge engineering, structure dynamics, theoretical formulation of problems, computational modelling. The partnership with strategic partners will provide: